Citizens Energy Corporation, one of the largest solar developers in Massachusetts, is making the renewable energy revolution more accessible to Bay State families in need by offering discounts on electricity produced by our solar arrays.
Income-eligible families, including renters, can save about $300 a year on their electricity bill
Income-eligible families, including renters, can save about $300 a year on their electricity bill by signing up for JOE-4-SUN. No solar panel installation is required. All the power is generated by Citizens Energy’s Low-Income Community Shared Solar farms located around Massachusetts.
In order to participate, households must:
- Be located in the electric service territories where our solar arrays are located.
- Show income eligibility by being an R-2 discount customer of either Eversource or National Grid. Unsure if you’re an R-2 discount customer? View an example Eversource or National Grid utility bill.*
- Have access to a computer or smartphone in order to enroll. (Please Note: Application pages are not compatible with Internet Explorer.)
- Be able to upload an image of the household’s current electric utility bill at the time of subscriber application.
- Provide an email address in order to receive alerts and notifications.
- Be able to make future payments using a bank account and routing number, credit/debit card, or by mailing in a check in order to purchase the discounted electricity.
Before You Apply
Make sure you have the following documents and information available:APPLY NOW for JOE-4-SUN
A digital copy of your most recent electricity bill and the ability to upload it via computer or smartphone.
Valid email address in order to receive alerts and notifications.
For Application Help or Questions
Send us a message here.
For More Information
Call: (855) JOE-4-SUN or (855) 563-4786