Citizens Energy Corporation, a Boston-based non-profit, is making the renewable energy revolution more accessible to Empire State families in need by offering discounts on electricity produced by our solar arrays.
Households in need, including renters, can save about $200 a year on their electricity bill by signing up for JOE-4-SUN
Households in need, including renters, can save about $200 a year on their electricity bill by signing up for JOE-4-SUN. No solar panel installation is required. All the power is generated by the Citizens Energy’s Community Shared Solar farm located in Chenango, New York.
In order to participate, households must:
- Be a New York State Electric and Gas Corporation (NYSEG) customer.
- Have access to a computer or smartphone in order to enroll. (Please Note: Application pages are not compatible with Internet Explorer.)
- Be able to upload an image of the household’s current electric utility bill at the time of subscriber application.
- Provide an email address in order to receive alerts and notifications.
- Have a bank account or a credit/debit card, or be able to mail in a check, in order to make future payments to purchase the discounted electricity.
Before You Apply
Make sure you have the following documents and information available:
A digital copy of your most recent electricity bill and the ability to upload it via computer or smartphone.
Valid email address in order to receive alerts and notifications.
APPLY NOW for JOE-4-SUN
You can also download a paper application to be mailed to us here.
Already a subscriber? Log in to make a payment or check your account status.
For Application Help or Questions
Send us a message here.
For More Information
Call: (855) JOE-4-SUN or (855) 563-4786