Citizens Energy Corporation, a Boston-based non-profit, is making the renewable energy revolution more accessible to Empire State families in need by offering discounts on electricity produced by our solar arrays.
Income-eligible families, including renters, can save about $200 a year on their electricity bill by signing up for JOE-4-SUN
Income-eligible families, including renters, can save about $200 a year on their electricity bill by signing up for JOE-4-SUN. No solar panel installation is required. All the power is generated by the Citizens Energy’s Low-Income Community Shared Solar farm located in New York.
In order to participate, households must:
- Be a New York State Electric and Gas Corporation (NYSEG) customer.
- Show household income eligibility by falling below 200% of federal poverty guidelines.
- Have access to a computer or smartphone in order to enroll. (Please Note: Application pages are not compatible with Internet Explorer.)
- Be able to upload an image of the household’s current electric utility bill at the time of subscriber application.
- Provide an email address in order to receive alerts and notifications.
- Have a bank account or a credit/debit card in order to purchase the discounted electricity.
Before You Apply
Make sure you have the following documents and information available:
A digital copy of your most recent electricity bill and the ability to upload it via computer or smartphone.
Valid email address in order to receive alerts and notifications.
Bank Account Info
Bank account & routing numbers, or a credit/debit card.
To be eligible for JOE-4-SUN, your household income must fall within 200% of the federal poverty guidelines. Please find your household size on the chart below to find the income level that is applicable to you.
Click here to certify that your income is less than or equal to 200% of the federal poverty level for your household size.
*For households with more than 10 persons, add $8,820 for each additional person.
**Income thresholds are equal to 200% of 2019 U.S. federal government poverty guidelines, published at https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines
Please note: Misrepresentation of your income level will result in removal from the program.APPLY NOW for JOE-4-SUN
For Application Help or Questions
Send us a message here.
For More Information
Call: (855) JOE-4-SUN or (855) 563-4786